Sunday, December 1, 2013

Baby Update ~ She's almost here!


Arrival time is getting closer & closer! Rosella will be here before we know it! Oh, I'm so excited... 

Had a checkup last week. Here's the latest news:
Weight: 149 lbs.
Her Heart Beat: 150s
Already Dilating!!! - At about 3, 3 1/2 Doc said. 
She's been head down for about 2 months now!!! 

Next checkup: Wednesday Dec. 4th.

What have I done this week to get ready? Well I've started nesting! Her daddy brought some baby clothes on Thanksgiving morning to me, so I went through all of those, washed & organized them into storage totes by sizes. When I say some, I mean about 4 large bags worth of clothes, in all sizes from newborn to 6 months. So I had to revamp some of my previous work.


I've organized my baby stuff & totes like this:
* Bathroom items (Baby Shampoo, Powder, Medication, QTips, etc)
* Receiving blankets & other baby blankets
* Newborn - 3 months clothes
* 3 - 6 month clothes
* 6 - 12 month clothes

As you can tell, I started off small...Then I acquired those extra clothes & I decided instead of just buying more small totes, I went with the 58 Qt. & a 66 Qt. & re-purposed the smaller totes for my purses & book collection. 

I figure as she grows out of her clothes, I can either donate the clothing or sell on some of those 'Buy, Sell, Trade' groups on Facebook, then reuse the totes for bigger clothes or other organization, like I did with the smaller ones. I actually got 6 of the black 58 Qt. totes on clearance from Walmart for only $4.50/ea. after Halloween & went & bought the 66 Qt. for only $8 (regular shelf price) yesterday. They are a bit pricey, yes....but I feel that it is totally worth it in the end considering I don't have much space & I can reuse them for years to come. 


Last, but certainly not least, I've gotten her own little area of our room put together. 

There's really not much space, but I did the best I could for where I am at right now. Soon as I'm able to go back to work, I will be working full time...so hopefully I will be able to quickly save up the rest of what I need in order to get us our own home. 

The bassinet I am only borrowing for the time being. Her daddy & I spoke about it Thanksgiving morning when he brought all those clothes & he is thinking about cleaning up one that he has for her, or just purchasing a new one. I told him that whatever he does, it should be easily transportable, that way when he has her on weekends & such, we can just pass the bassinet back & forth with little effort. 

I've still got to pack a hospital bag for myself as well as get her some clothes ready & put together. Other than that, I believe I'm as ready as I can be at the moment.